16 July 2015

Beyond the Screen


Before I start, I don't have anything in particular to talk about today, I just thought that I hadn't done a blog post in a few days.

So I'm just typing whatever comes to mind, and seeing where it goes.

A little random, really.

Ok very random.

Maybe I haven't been blogging for a few days because nothing's happened that's worth writing about.

Or because I've been spending less time on tecnology and spending more time doing what I love that doesn't require social media.

Maybe we should all take a day to do things we enjoy without using our phone, or our laptop, iPad etc.

That way we could see the world that's around us, instead of the one that we see from a screen.

Maybe we should just take a little time to look at the world around us. Appreciate the small things around us.

That's what I've been doing for the past few days

The really special things around us are so small and cannot be found on a screen.

Ok, I've been doing this for three days up until now, and I think you can do it too.

Sometime this week, have a day where your phone is off, don't go on your laptop or sit using tecnology.

Look at what there is around you.

And what you enjoy beyond the screen.

There could be quiet lanes perfect for a walk.

Or a book that you once loved waiting to be reread.

Or maybe a set of art supplies waiting to be used.

Try it. And let me know in the comments if you're going to do it and then how you got on afterwards.

You'll enjoy it, even if it's tempting to check your phone at first.

Trust me. It's nice.

Amerelle x

( PS. I realised a few days ago that my comments section wasn't working but I've fixed it now so you should be able to comment on most of my posts now )

2 comments:

  1. This is deep x you inspired me to start my own blog😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you. I'm smiling like a crazy idiot right now. I'll definitely be reading! :)

      Delete